Tuesday, February 7, 2012

EDU 350 Blogs in the Classroom

           Even though blogs might be most beneficial to English classes specifically, there are ways to integrate blogs into the art curriculum. It is quite common to see artists share their works in a blog and sometimes that is how they get their name out there. I know that when I use Stumble with art being one of the items on my list of interests, I frequently am redirected to artist blogs. One way I could integrate blogs into my art classroom is through research. I could ask my students to create a blog and follow other artists' blogs. They would comment on the artwork and perhaps explore some of the different techniques that they may have learned from following these blogs. Another use for blogs within my classroom, would be for my students to share their works by posting them on their own blogs. I could see this as being a homework assignment, where I might tell them to do a sketch of something and post it up so that I could comment and grade them on their design and techniques and I would not have to buy sketchbooks using the budget. Another use for the blog in the classroom might be a blog posted by me. If I had a blog and they subscribed to it, I could post pictures and ask them to comment on certain principles of design within it. These are just a few of the things that can be done using blogs but the disadvantages are that not every student has access to a computer at home or a camera or scanner with which to post the pictures online. If I were to do these assignments, I would have to make sure they had access to a computer and internet either at home or at school.

1 comment:

  1. Student access is becoming less of an argument since we can do many of these things with our mobile devices. I will have to investigate stumble. Good post.

    ReplyDelete