Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Personal Learning Network

        My resources come from a couple of different areas. One place that I find to be very good for introducing me to contemporary artists is stumbleupon.com. I use it a lot to find resources and discover new art techniques. For instance, there is a lot of street art that is being done and hundreds of youtube videos that explore new concept. Here is one I found just now when I stumbled and interest in art, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH6xCT2aTSo. Another resource I find to be rather reliable are my classmates. Whenever I have a question or even need advice, they are very helpful. I especially find this useful in my art classes since it is such a subjective subject (I love that wording), anyone who can see can give their opinion on the aesthetic value of a picture but other art students know exactly how to improve it. Professors are great resources as well, especially for when classmates are unsure of how they might help. I also like to use books as resources and find them extremely useful for describing processes for using certain mediums. My favorite is a book called Art Effects by Jean Drysdale Green. This book shows so many different techniques for applying art mediums and it explains the processes. This is my current learning network; however, I will have many more after this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment