Tuesday, February 7, 2012

EDU 350 Google Docs is Magical

         I had used Google Docs during my early field experience class, but I did not realize the extent to which everything can be done. I find the fact that it allows a person to create documents, charts, PowerPoints, etc quite impressive. The thing I like most about it, however, is its sharing capabilities. I have had many instances working with people on an assignment at college, where absolutely none of our schedules matched up and I remember saying that we should email each other our different parts of the assignment. No one seemed to understand the concept but had I known about Google Docs, I definitely would have pushed the idea more. It is such a revolutionary idea but it is still very unknown to everyone. As far as education goes, I really hope that it is integrated into lesson and curriculum planning. I think some of the flaws of education are due to the fact that each class is so separate from each other when it is not necessary to do so. If educators were to use Google Docs, then there could be greater collaboration and perhaps a better understanding of each subject for the students. The disadvantage of this is that with everything being in the clouds, there might be higher stress levels associated with technology. It is already somewhat stressful to have ALL of this connection to everyone ALL of the time. Sometimes it is nice to just have a break from technology.

1 comment:

  1. There are many times that I want a technology break too. So happy that you see the benefits of using this technology, though. Keep pushing it even when people want shun it.

    ReplyDelete