Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I give Social Bookmarking a big thumbs up

Social Bookmarking definitely has a place in the art classroom. Art education deals with a lot of art history, but something that teachers seem to fall behind on is contemporary art. I think technology is the way of the future of schooling anyways, so it is important to not fall behind. There are also such amazing sites online that can excite students. I know that sometimes I feel more inclined to do work for  this class, just because it feels as if I am exploring unknown territory. The internet is like the deep ocean and space, in that there is so much to see and so much that is new and unexplored and humans are naturally very curious so children are amazed by the wonders of technology. I think social bookmarking will definitely help me as a student, in fact, I wish I had it last semester when I had to do a LOT of research papers for my ridiculously thorough Sociology of Education Class. It seems like it could be very useful for reasearch papers because I could have organized the sites better and had them all available to me just by signing into my account, rather than printing them all out. Plus! You can highlight things, and that seems extremely useful to me because highlighting things and rewriting them right onto my essay is the very first thing I do before starting my research papers. Anyways, I digress, social bookmarking is quite nice and waaaaaaay better than normal bookmarking.

No comments:

Post a Comment