Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Explore the world without leaving your seat

I have loved all of the new software skills that I have recently acquired. I have never been too attached to technology but have always liked how simple it makes normally difficult tasks. I loved how Publisher had a bunch of different templates for flyers and Newsletters. These are things that could take hours to set up and figure out, but with the templates, it is as easy as clicking a button and adding words. Which is an AMAZING time saver. I am excited to learn more about what I can do with the Smartboard because I can see using that tool a lot. The best bit of software that we have discussed in this class, however, is the wonderful Diigo.com. I love stumbling, but I hate the fact that there is no way of storing websites that I like on it. Diigo is that missing link that I have wanted to know about for SOOOOOOO long. I found some awesome websites the other day while stumbling, and thanks to Diigo, I can find them easily. I think this will be great for research projects, I will definitely introduce my students to it, I can also see it being useful as a way to create resources for my students, which is why I bookmarked so many art museum websites. I may not be able to take them to le Louvre, but with the internet they can still experience the art within. In addition to showing my students in the future, this is the type of thing that I need to introduce to my mom. She tends to bookmark EVERYTHING she comes across online, but she uses the bookmarks tab at the top of the web browser. She also will save links in a word document that she leaves open all of the time. She loves to do research so I think she will love to use this.

1 comment: